Vision and Values
The Columbus Airport is centrally located with quick access to Uptown Columbus and an easy drive for West Georgia & East Alabama travelers. The airport prides itself on providing fast & efficient service, without long lines for security that would be experienced by passengers boarding in Atlanta. The Airport is located within minutes of Fort Benning, a self-sustaining military community in excess of 100,000 military, family members, reserve component soldiers, retirees & civilian employees.
- Being direct and open communicators.
- Behaving with integrity by being trustworthy, ethical and loyal.
- Providing dependable service to all.
- Commitment to a fiscally self-sustaining Airport.
- Helping others with a cheerful attitude.
- Committing to development of knowledge and skills.
- Staying focused on the mission.
- Energizing the workplace with amusement and humor.
To set the standard as the hometown airport known to provide airport services and amenities with a personal touch.
We are a team of professionals representing the Columbus, Georgia region in a responsible and businesslike manner. The Columbus Airport will be financially self-sustaining, while exceeding expectations for safety and quality service. The team is committed to meeting the air transportation and economic development needs of the community, its customers and partners.
The Airport Commission was created by the state legislature, to oversee the development of the airport and its facilities. The Commission is composed of five (5) members, appointed by the City Council. The Airport Director supervises daily operations, and the commission’s monthly meetings are open to the public. For more information on each Commission Member click on the photo below. PDF files of the monthly minutes can be accessed under the Information Airport page.